About the conference
Borok Geophysical Observatory, branch of the Schmidt Institute of Physics of the Earth of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), is holding on 28 October – 01 November, 2013 the Conference on Global Electric Circuit. The goal of the gathering is to present the most significant results of research into the Global Electric Circuit (GEC).
Researchers studying atmospheric electricity, physics of the atmosphere and affiliated fields are invited to participate and give presentations on the latest advancements in the following spheres:
- Mathematical modeling of GEC as geophysical object;
- Electricity of undisturbed lower atmosphere;
- Contribution of thunderstorm electricity and lightning into GEC dynamics;
- Electricity of middle and upper atmosphere, high-energy processes in the atmosphere;
- GEC, meteorology and climate, ecological aspects of GEC;
- GEC monitoring: field observations and databases;
- Air electricity and geomagnetic activity;
- Wave processes in GEC and geomagnetic pulsations.
Preliminary time limit for invited speakers is 45 minutes, for section presentations – 20 minutes. Working language of the conference is Russian, but presentations in English are welcomed too.
The venue of the conference is Borok, a scientific village in Yaroslavl region. Accommodation will be provided at the Academy hotel. Free bus transfer from Moscow to Borok on 28 October (morning) and from Borok to Moscow on 01 November will be provided as an option. The trip from Borok to Moscow will include a tour of Myshkin and Uglich, towns of Golden Ring of Russia.
Registration is open until 30 September, 2013 via e-mail email@example.com.
Notifications of acceptance into the Conference program and the second announcement will be emailed up to 14 July, 2013.