About the conference
Borok Geophysical Observatory of Schmidt Institute of Physics of the Earth of the Russian Academy of Sciences (BGO IPE RAS), is holding on October 5 – 9, 2015 the Conference on Global Electric Circuit. The goal of the gathering is to present the most significant results of research into the Global Electric Circuit (GEC).
Researchers studying atmospheric electricity, physics of the atmosphere, ionosphere, magnetosphere and affiliated fields are invited to participate and give presentations on the latest advancements in the following spheres:
- Mathematical modeling of GEC as geophysical object;
- Electricity of lower atmosphere;
- GEC dynamics: thunderstorm electricity, lightning, ionosphere and magnetosphere activity;
- Electricity of middle and upper atmosphere, high-energy processes in the atmosphere;
- GEC, meteorology and climate, ecological aspects of GEC;
- GEC monitoring: field observations and databases;
- Wave processes in GEC.
Preliminary time limit for invited speakers is 45 minutes, for section presentations – 20 minutes. Working language of the conference is Russian, but presentations in English are welcomed too.
The venue of the conference is Borok, a scientific village in Yaroslavl region. Accommodation will be provided at the Academy hotel. Free bus transfer from Moscow to Borok on October 5 (morning) and from Borok to Moscow on October 9 will be provided as an option.
Registration is open until April 30, 2015 via registration form.
Notifications of acceptance into the Conference program and the second announcement will be emailed up to August 31, 2015.